Subject: bug#143 closed by Mark Hindley <[email-masked]> (Re: merge close)

From: "Devuan bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 16:33:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the reportbug package:

#143: bugs.devuan.org sends queries for bug numbers etc. unencrypted

It has been closed by Mark Hindley <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mark Hindley <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
143: bugs.devuan.org//cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=143
Devuan Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: merge close
From: Mark Hindley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 16:19:08 +0000

Closing as was the intention of https://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=143#14

216 is assigned to infrastructure and is closed separately.

Mark

Subject: bugs.devuan.org sends queries for bug numbers etc. unencrypted
From: Jens Korte <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:02:48 +0200

package: reportbug
version: 0.42

This is not a bug in reportbug, I just know no better place to report
it.

If I enter a bug number e.g. 140 to https://bugs.devuan.org/ firefox
reports me, that the content is sent unecrypted, though I used https.
In the source of the page there is <form method="get"
action="http://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/bugreport.cgi">.

AFAIK the http://bugs.devuan.org/ should be remove
and /cgi/bugreport.cgi is enough. If you really want to, you can
enforce the usage of https by replacing http with https. There is
another line, where a get request with http is used.