Subject: bug#478 closed by Mark Hindley <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#478: Acknowledgement (USB access web browser - Devuan ASCII) - Irrelevant?)

From: "Devuan bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 18:26:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the firefox-esr package:

#478: USB access web browser - Devuan ASCII

It has been closed by Mark Hindley <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mark Hindley <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
478: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=478
Devuan Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#478: Acknowledgement (USB access web browser - Devuan ASCII) - Irrelevant?
From: Mark Hindley <[email-masked]>
To: Michaela Merz <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 18:24:00 +0000

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 02:04:57PM -0500, Michaela Merz wrote:
>    Hello:
>    I just installed Devuan Beowulf and the reported problem did not
>    reappear.

Closing as fixed.

Mark

Subject: USB access web browser - Devuan ASCII
From: Michaela Merz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 15:23:17 -0500

Package: Firefox-esr
Version: 68.8esr-1-deb9u1

This is not necessarily only about the package as indicated above, it
concerns all browsers (Firefox 76.0.1), Firefox-ESR, Chromium can't access
USB key,

OS: Devuan ASCII on a Lenovo T460 (Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u2)

Hello everybody:

I am using Yubico USB keys for 2FA, no problems on Debian. The keys are
reported correctly (and identical) on Debian and Devuan:

May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop kernel: [41890.395484] usb 1-6: new full-speed USB
device number 16 using xhci_hcd
May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop kernel: [41890.536956] usb 1-6: New USB device
found, idVendor=1050, idProduct=0120
May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop kernel: [41890.536959] usb 1-6: New USB device
strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop kernel: [41890.536960] usb 1-6: Product: Security
Key by Yubico
May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop kernel: [41890.536962] usb 1-6: Manufacturer: Yubico
May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop kernel: [41890.538193] hid-generic
0003:1050:0120.000D: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [Yubico Security
Key by Yubico] on usb-0000:00:14.0-6/input0
May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop mtp-probe: checking bus 1, device 16:
"/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-6"
May 31 13:28:24 ElaTop mtp-probe: bus: 1, device: 16 was not an MTP device

However, no browser seems to be able to access the keys. I have had no
problems with Debian (Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u5) .

Thanks for Devuan.