Devuan bug report logs - #529
lightdm: on login, lightdm starts a second xserver on the next tty, with mirrored xsession

version graph

Package: lightdm; Maintainer for lightdm is Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>;

Reported by: Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>

Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 15:03:02 UTC

Severity: normal

Found in version 1.26.0-4+devuan1

Fixed in versions 1.26.0-4+devuan2, 1.26.0-7+devuan3

Done: dak@devuan.org

Reply or subscribe to this bug.

Toggle useless messages

View this report as an mbox folder, status mbox, maintainer mbox


Report forwarded to devuan-bugs@lists.dyne.org, f.zieboll@web.de, Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>:
bug#529; Package lightdm. (Sat, 05 Dec 2020 15:03:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>:
New bug report received and forwarded. Copy sent to f.zieboll@web.de, Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>. (Sat, 05 Dec 2020 15:03:05 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #5 received at submit@bugs.devuan.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>
To: Devuan Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.devuan.org>
Subject: lightdm: on login, lightdm starts a second xserver on the next tty, with mirrored xsession
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 15:53:04 +0100
Package: lightdm
Version: 1.26.0-4+devuan1
Severity: normal

Hello,

after installing beowulf-proposed-updates on my lxqt-beowulf computer, when
logging in at the lightdm (1.26.0-4+devuan1) logon screen (tty7), a second
xserver gets startetd on tty8, which mirrors the xsession on tty7. Going back
to tty7, I have to (lightdm-)login again to the running xsession. After further
tty switching, the xserver0 on tty7 exits, while xserver1 on tty8 still serves
the "common" Desktop. Now the system is stable as before the update, with the
Desktop session running on tty8, while tty7 is not available.

The issue can be reproduced reliably, a downgrade of lightdm to the "beowulf
main" version (1.26.0-4) resolves it.

Steps to reproduce (with respective time in the attached lightdm.log):


1.) restart lightdm (init.d) +0.00s (12:20, see lightdm/x-0.log.old,
seat0-greeter.log.old):
                tty7 [gtk-greeter] -> tty8 [n/a]

2.) login @tty7 as "florian" [Desktop] +44.08s
                        [+48.59s] second xserver started (12:21, see
lightdm/x-1.log)

3.) switch from tty7 [Desktop] -> tty8 [Desktop, mirrored] ca. +120s

4.) switch from tty8 [Desktop] -> tty7 [gtk-greeter, one flicker] +235.23s
(12:24, see lightdm/x-0.log, end of seat0-greeter.log.old, beginning of
seat0-greeter.log)

5.) login #2 @tty7 [Desktop, mirrored] +386.28s

6.) switch from tty7 [Desktop] -> tty8 [Desktop, mirrored] ca. +500s

7.) switch from tty8 [Desktop] -> tty7 [n/a] ca. +620s

8.) switch around and find every thing stable, with the desktop running on tty8


When I do the second login @tty7 at 5.) with another user, the session gets
started, but always after returning to tty7 from another tty, the gtk-greeter
is presented. In the meantime, the first user's session on tty8 remains
unlocked.




# uname -a
Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28)
x86_64 GNU/Linux




# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf main non-free contrib
deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security main non-free contrib
deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates main non-free contrib
deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-backports main non-free contrib
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main non-free
contrib
deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-proposed-updates main




# dpkg -l *lightdm*
---snip---
ii  liblightdm-gobject-1-0:amd64    1.26.0-4+devuan1    amd64
ii  lightdm                         1.26.0-4+devuan1    amd64
un  lightdm-greeter                 <none>              <none>
ii  lightdm-gtk-greeter             2.0.6-1             amd64




# cat /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.26.0, UID=0 PID=4594
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from
/usr/local/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /etc/xdg/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module local
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Monitoring logind for seats
[+0.00s] DEBUG: New seat added from logind: seat0
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Loading properties from config section Seat:*
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
[+0.00s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested)
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Could not run plymouth --ping: Failed to execute child process
“plymouth” (No such file or directory)
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 7
[+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Writing X server authority to
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Launching X Server
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Launching process 4610: /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
[+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path
/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
[+0.00s] WARNING: Error getting user list from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading user config from /etc/lightdm/users.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: User florian added
[+0.00s] DEBUG: User administrator added
[+0.00s] DEBUG: User gast added
[+0.00s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (automatic reaping requested) (fd close
requested)
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
[+0.37s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 4610
[+0.37s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Got signal from X server :0
[+0.37s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Connecting to XServer :0
[+0.37s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
specified)
[+0.37s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, starting session
authentication
[+0.37s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter',
username 'lightdm'
[+0.39s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Authentication complete with return value 0:
Success
[+0.39s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session authenticated, running command
[+0.39s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Running command /usr/sbin/lightdm-gtk-greeter
[+0.39s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data/lightdm
[+0.39s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
[+0.40s] DEBUG: Activating VT 7
[+0.51s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.26.0 api=1 resettable=false
[+0.67s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication
[+0.67s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Started with service 'lightdm', username
'(null)'
[+0.67s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
[+0.67s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
[+44.08s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication for florian
[+44.08s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Sending SIGTERM
[+44.09s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Started with service 'lightdm', username
'florian'
[+44.09s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Terminated with signal 15
[+44.09s] DEBUG: Session: Failed during authentication
[+44.09s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
[+44.09s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
[+44.09s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
[+48.56s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
[+48.57s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Authentication complete with return value 0:
Success
[+48.57s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user florian: Success
[+48.57s] DEBUG: User florian authorized
[+48.59s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session lxqt
[+48.59s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
[+48.59s] DEBUG: Using VT 8
[+48.59s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 8
[+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-1.log
[+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Writing X server authority to
/var/run/lightdm/root/:1
[+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Launching X Server
[+48.59s] DEBUG: Launching process 4667: /usr/bin/X :1 -seat seat0 -auth
/var/run/lightdm/root/:1 -nolisten tcp vt8 -novtswitch
[+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Waiting for ready signal from X server :1
[+49.41s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 4667
[+49.41s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Got signal from X server :1
[+49.41s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Connecting to XServer :1
[+49.41s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
specified)
[+49.41s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, running session
[+49.41s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path
/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
[+49.41s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
specified)
[+49.41s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Running command /etc/X11/Xsession startlxqt
[+49.41s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data/florian
[+49.41s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Logging to .xsession-errors
[+49.43s] DEBUG: Activating VT 8
[+49.43s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter
[+49.43s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Sending SIGTERM
[+235.23s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
[+235.23s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Exited with return value 0
[+235.23s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
[+235.23s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
[+235.23s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 4610
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Process 4610 exited with return value 0
[+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: X server stopped
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 7
[+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Removing X server authority
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Active display server stopped, starting greeter
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 7
[+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Writing X server authority to
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Launching X Server
[+235.52s] DEBUG: Launching process 4862: /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
[+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 4862
[+236.02s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Got signal from X server :0
[+236.02s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Connecting to XServer :0
[+236.02s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
specified)
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, starting session
authentication
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter',
username 'lightdm'
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Authentication complete with return value
0: Success
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session authenticated, running command
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Running command /usr/sbin/lightdm-gtk-
greeter
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data/lightdm
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Logging to
/var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
[+236.02s] DEBUG: Activating VT 7
[+236.12s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.26.0 api=1 resettable=false
[+236.27s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication
[+236.27s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Started with service 'lightdm', username
'(null)'
[+236.27s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
[+236.27s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
[+386.28s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication for florian
[+386.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Sending SIGTERM
[+386.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Started with service 'lightdm', username
'florian'
[+386.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Terminated with signal 15
[+386.29s] DEBUG: Session: Failed during authentication
[+386.29s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
[+386.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
[+386.29s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
[+391.03s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
[+391.04s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Authentication complete with return value
0: Success
[+391.04s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user florian: Success
[+391.04s] DEBUG: User florian authorized
[+391.06s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session lxqt
[+391.06s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Returning to existing user session florian
[+391.06s] DEBUG: Activating VT 8
[+391.28s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter
[+391.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Sending SIGTERM
[+391.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Exited with return value 0
[+391.28s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
[+391.29s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
[+391.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Exited with return value 0
[+391.29s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
[+391.29s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
[+391.29s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 4862
[+391.30s] DEBUG: Process 4862 exited with return value 0
[+391.30s] DEBUG: XServer 0: X server stopped
[+391.30s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 7
[+391.30s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Removing X server authority
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+391.30s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped




# cat /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log.old     # original log has already been
overwritten, reconstructed from other run with estimated timestamp
X.Org X Server 1.20.4
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-12-amd64 x86_64 Debian
Current Operating System: Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.19.0-13-amd64
root=UUID=78517165-ff11-4b1b-b67d-a5b863d270c1 ro quiet noefi
Build Date: 01 December 2020  05:59:57PM
xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u2 (https://www.debian.org/support)
Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Dec  5 12:20:xx 2020
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
(II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.




# cat /var/log/lightdm/x-1.log
X.Org X Server 1.20.4
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-12-amd64 x86_64 Debian
Current Operating System: Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.19.0-13-amd64
root=UUID=78517165-ff11-4b1b-b67d-a5b863d270c1 ro quiet noefi
Build Date: 01 December 2020  05:59:57PM
xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u2 (https://www.debian.org/support)
Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.1.log", Time: Sat Dec  5 12:21:03 2020
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch




# cat /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
X.Org X Server 1.20.4
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-12-amd64 x86_64 Debian
Current Operating System: Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.19.0-13-amd64
root=UUID=78517165-ff11-4b1b-b67d-a5b863d270c1 ro quiet noefi
Build Date: 01 December 2020  05:59:57PM
xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u2 (https://www.debian.org/support)
Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Dec  5 12:24:09 2020
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
(II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.




# cat /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log.old
** (process:4630): WARNING **: 12:20:14.842: Failed to open CK session:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
** Message: 12:20:14.878: Starting lightdm-gtk-greeter 2.0.6 (Dec 27 2018,
16:15:47)
** Message: 12:20:14.878: [Configuration] Reading file:
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.d/01_debian.conf
** Message: 12:20:14.879: [Configuration] Reading file: /etc/lightdm/lightdm-
gtk-greeter.conf
libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): WARNING **: 12:20:14.980: [PIDs] Failed to
execute command: upstart

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:20:15.126: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): WARNING **: 12:20:58.528: Error getting user
list from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:21:00.064: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:21:03.015: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:21:03.046: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:24:09.537: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): WARNING **: 12:24:09.541: [PIDs] Failed to
terminate process #4656: No such process




# cat /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
** (process:4873): WARNING **: 12:24:10.470: Failed to open CK session:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
** Message: 12:24:10.488: Starting lightdm-gtk-greeter 2.0.6 (Dec 27 2018,
16:15:47)
** Message: 12:24:10.489: [Configuration] Reading file:
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.d/01_debian.conf
** Message: 12:24:10.489: [Configuration] Reading file: /etc/lightdm/lightdm-
gtk-greeter.conf
libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): WARNING **: 12:24:10.584: [PIDs] Failed to
execute command: upstart

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:24:10.730: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:25:00.676: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:25:02.375: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:25:03.881: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:26:00.756: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): WARNING **: 12:26:40.728: Error getting user
list from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:26:45.487: Drawing a gadget with
negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
GreeterMenuBar)

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): WARNING **: 12:26:45.723: [PIDs] Failed to
terminate process #4899: No such process




-- System Information:
Distributor ID:	Devuan
Description:	Devuan GNU/Linux 3 (beowulf)
Release:	3
Codename:	beowulf
Architecture: x86_64

Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-13-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_US:en (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages lightdm depends on:
ii  adduser                                3.118
ii  dbus                                   1.12.20-0+deb10u1+devuan1
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]                  1.5.71
ii  libaudit1                              1:2.8.4-3
ii  libc6                                  2.28-10
ii  libgcrypt20                            1.8.4-5
ii  libglib2.0-0                           2.58.3-2+deb10u2
ii  libpam-elogind [logind]                241.4-2
ii  libpam0g                               1.3.1-5
ii  libxcb1                                1.13.1-2
ii  libxdmcp6                              1:1.1.2-3
ii  lightdm-gtk-greeter [lightdm-greeter]  2.0.6-1
ii  lsb-base                               10.2019051400

Versions of packages lightdm recommends:
ii  xserver-xorg  1:7.7+19

Versions of packages lightdm suggests:
pn  accountsservice  <none>
ii  upower           1:0.9.23-2+devuan1.3
pn  xserver-xephyr   <none>

-- debconf information:
* shared/default-x-display-manager: lightdm
  lightdm/daemon_name: /usr/sbin/lightdm

Information forwarded to devuan-bugs@lists.dyne.org, Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>:
bug#529; Package lightdm. (Thu, 10 Dec 2020 21:18:01 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to B Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>. (Thu, 10 Dec 2020 21:18:05 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #10 received at 529@bugs.devuan.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: B Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>
To: Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>, 529@bugs.devuan.org
Subject: Re: bug#529: lightdm: on login, lightdm starts a second xserver on the next tty, with mirrored xsession
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 16:03:56 -0500
Hello,

Thank you for your report! The only changes between the versions in
question were to add pam-elogind support, and add a particular setting
to the default lightdm config.

Would you please share the results after you change the value of
"xserver-share" to "true" or omitted in file
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf.

This sounds directly related to your issue, and the explicit default
of false was added to resolve #493.

B. Stack

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 10:02 AM Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de> wrote:
>
> Package: lightdm
> Version: 1.26.0-4+devuan1
> Severity: normal
>
> Hello,
>
> after installing beowulf-proposed-updates on my lxqt-beowulf computer, when
> logging in at the lightdm (1.26.0-4+devuan1) logon screen (tty7), a second
> xserver gets startetd on tty8, which mirrors the xsession on tty7. Going back
> to tty7, I have to (lightdm-)login again to the running xsession. After further
> tty switching, the xserver0 on tty7 exits, while xserver1 on tty8 still serves
> the "common" Desktop. Now the system is stable as before the update, with the
> Desktop session running on tty8, while tty7 is not available.
>
> The issue can be reproduced reliably, a downgrade of lightdm to the "beowulf
> main" version (1.26.0-4) resolves it.
>
> Steps to reproduce (with respective time in the attached lightdm.log):
>
>
> 1.) restart lightdm (init.d) +0.00s (12:20, see lightdm/x-0.log.old,
> seat0-greeter.log.old):
>                 tty7 [gtk-greeter] -> tty8 [n/a]
>
> 2.) login @tty7 as "florian" [Desktop] +44.08s
>                         [+48.59s] second xserver started (12:21, see
> lightdm/x-1.log)
>
> 3.) switch from tty7 [Desktop] -> tty8 [Desktop, mirrored] ca. +120s
>
> 4.) switch from tty8 [Desktop] -> tty7 [gtk-greeter, one flicker] +235.23s
> (12:24, see lightdm/x-0.log, end of seat0-greeter.log.old, beginning of
> seat0-greeter.log)
>
> 5.) login #2 @tty7 [Desktop, mirrored] +386.28s
>
> 6.) switch from tty7 [Desktop] -> tty8 [Desktop, mirrored] ca. +500s
>
> 7.) switch from tty8 [Desktop] -> tty7 [n/a] ca. +620s
>
> 8.) switch around and find every thing stable, with the desktop running on tty8
>
>
> When I do the second login @tty7 at 5.) with another user, the session gets
> started, but always after returning to tty7 from another tty, the gtk-greeter
> is presented. In the meantime, the first user's session on tty8 remains
> unlocked.
>
>
>
>
> # uname -a
> Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28)
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>
>
>
> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf main non-free contrib
> deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security main non-free contrib
> deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates main non-free contrib
> deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-backports main non-free contrib
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main non-free
> contrib
> deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged beowulf-proposed-updates main
>
>
>
>
> # dpkg -l *lightdm*
> ---snip---
> ii  liblightdm-gobject-1-0:amd64    1.26.0-4+devuan1    amd64
> ii  lightdm                         1.26.0-4+devuan1    amd64
> un  lightdm-greeter                 <none>              <none>
> ii  lightdm-gtk-greeter             2.0.6-1             amd64
>
>
>
>
> # cat /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.26.0, UID=0 PID=4594
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from
> /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from
> /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from
> /usr/local/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /etc/xdg/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module local
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Monitoring logind for seats
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: New seat added from logind: seat0
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Loading properties from config section Seat:*
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested)
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Could not run plymouth --ping: Failed to execute child process
> “plymouth” (No such file or directory)
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 7
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Writing X server authority to
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Launching X Server
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Launching process 4610: /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path
> /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
> [+0.00s] WARNING: Error getting user list from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading user config from /etc/lightdm/users.conf
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: User florian added
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: User administrator added
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: User gast added
> [+0.00s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (automatic reaping requested) (fd close
> requested)
> [+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
> [+0.37s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 4610
> [+0.37s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Got signal from X server :0
> [+0.37s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Connecting to XServer :0
> [+0.37s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
> specified)
> [+0.37s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, starting session
> authentication
> [+0.37s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter',
> username 'lightdm'
> [+0.39s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Authentication complete with return value 0:
> Success
> [+0.39s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session authenticated, running command
> [+0.39s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Running command /usr/sbin/lightdm-gtk-greeter
> [+0.39s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data/lightdm
> [+0.39s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
> [+0.40s] DEBUG: Activating VT 7
> [+0.51s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.26.0 api=1 resettable=false
> [+0.67s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication
> [+0.67s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Started with service 'lightdm', username
> '(null)'
> [+0.67s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
> [+0.67s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
> [+44.08s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication for florian
> [+44.08s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Sending SIGTERM
> [+44.09s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Started with service 'lightdm', username
> 'florian'
> [+44.09s] DEBUG: Session pid=4661: Terminated with signal 15
> [+44.09s] DEBUG: Session: Failed during authentication
> [+44.09s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
> [+44.09s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
> [+44.09s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
> [+48.56s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
> [+48.57s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Authentication complete with return value 0:
> Success
> [+48.57s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user florian: Success
> [+48.57s] DEBUG: User florian authorized
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session lxqt
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: Using VT 8
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 8
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-1.log
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Writing X server authority to
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:1
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Launching X Server
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: Launching process 4667: /usr/bin/X :1 -seat seat0 -auth
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:1 -nolisten tcp vt8 -novtswitch
> [+48.59s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Waiting for ready signal from X server :1
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 4667
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Got signal from X server :1
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: XServer 1: Connecting to XServer :1
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
> specified)
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, running session
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path
> /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
> specified)
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Running command /etc/X11/Xsession startlxqt
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data/florian
> [+49.41s] DEBUG: Session pid=4664: Logging to .xsession-errors
> [+49.43s] DEBUG: Activating VT 8
> [+49.43s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter
> [+49.43s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Sending SIGTERM
> [+235.23s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
> [+235.23s] DEBUG: Session pid=4630: Exited with return value 0
> [+235.23s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
> [+235.23s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
> [+235.23s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 4610
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Process 4610 exited with return value 0
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: X server stopped
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 7
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Removing X server authority
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Active display server stopped, starting greeter
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 7
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Writing X server authority to
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Launching X Server
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: Launching process 4862: /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
> [+235.52s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 4862
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Got signal from X server :0
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Connecting to XServer :0
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) (child_setup
> specified)
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, starting session
> authentication
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter',
> username 'lightdm'
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Authentication complete with return value
> 0: Success
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session authenticated, running command
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Running command /usr/sbin/lightdm-gtk-
> greeter
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data/lightdm
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Logging to
> /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
> [+236.02s] DEBUG: Activating VT 7
> [+236.12s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.26.0 api=1 resettable=false
> [+236.27s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication
> [+236.27s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Started with service 'lightdm', username
> '(null)'
> [+236.27s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
> [+236.27s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
> [+386.28s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication for florian
> [+386.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Sending SIGTERM
> [+386.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Started with service 'lightdm', username
> 'florian'
> [+386.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4904: Terminated with signal 15
> [+386.29s] DEBUG: Session: Failed during authentication
> [+386.29s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
> [+386.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
> [+386.29s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
> [+391.03s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
> [+391.04s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Authentication complete with return value
> 0: Success
> [+391.04s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user florian: Success
> [+391.04s] DEBUG: User florian authorized
> [+391.06s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session lxqt
> [+391.06s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Returning to existing user session florian
> [+391.06s] DEBUG: Activating VT 8
> [+391.28s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter
> [+391.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Sending SIGTERM
> [+391.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=4911: Exited with return value 0
> [+391.28s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
> [+391.29s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
> [+391.29s] DEBUG: Session pid=4873: Exited with return value 0
> [+391.29s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
> [+391.29s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
> [+391.29s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 4862
> [+391.30s] DEBUG: Process 4862 exited with return value 0
> [+391.30s] DEBUG: XServer 0: X server stopped
> [+391.30s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 7
> [+391.30s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Removing X server authority
> /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
> [+391.30s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped
>
>
>
>
> # cat /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log.old     # original log has already been
> overwritten, reconstructed from other run with estimated timestamp
> X.Org X Server 1.20.4
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-12-amd64 x86_64 Debian
> Current Operating System: Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
> 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64
> Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.19.0-13-amd64
> root=UUID=78517165-ff11-4b1b-b67d-a5b863d270c1 ro quiet noefi
> Build Date: 01 December 2020  05:59:57PM
> xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u2 (https://www.debian.org/support)
> Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
>         Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
>         to make sure that you have the latest version.
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Dec  5 12:20:xx 2020
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
> (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
> (II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.
>
>
>
>
> # cat /var/log/lightdm/x-1.log
> X.Org X Server 1.20.4
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-12-amd64 x86_64 Debian
> Current Operating System: Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
> 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64
> Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.19.0-13-amd64
> root=UUID=78517165-ff11-4b1b-b67d-a5b863d270c1 ro quiet noefi
> Build Date: 01 December 2020  05:59:57PM
> xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u2 (https://www.debian.org/support)
> Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
>         Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
>         to make sure that you have the latest version.
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.1.log", Time: Sat Dec  5 12:21:03 2020
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
> (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
> (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
> (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
> (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
>
>
>
>
> # cat /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
> X.Org X Server 1.20.4
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-12-amd64 x86_64 Debian
> Current Operating System: Linux nulldevice.lan 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
> 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64
> Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.19.0-13-amd64
> root=UUID=78517165-ff11-4b1b-b67d-a5b863d270c1 ro quiet noefi
> Build Date: 01 December 2020  05:59:57PM
> xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u2 (https://www.debian.org/support)
> Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
>         Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
>         to make sure that you have the latest version.
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Dec  5 12:24:09 2020
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
> (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
> (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
> (II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.
>
>
>
>
> # cat /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log.old
> ** (process:4630): WARNING **: 12:20:14.842: Failed to open CK session:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
> ** Message: 12:20:14.878: Starting lightdm-gtk-greeter 2.0.6 (Dec 27 2018,
> 16:15:47)
> ** Message: 12:20:14.878: [Configuration] Reading file:
> /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.d/01_debian.conf
> ** Message: 12:20:14.879: [Configuration] Reading file: /etc/lightdm/lightdm-
> gtk-greeter.conf
> libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
>
> ** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): WARNING **: 12:20:14.980: [PIDs] Failed to
> execute command: upstart
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:20:15.126: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> ** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): WARNING **: 12:20:58.528: Error getting user
> list from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:21:00.064: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:21:03.015: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:21:03.046: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:24:09.537: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> ** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4633): WARNING **: 12:24:09.541: [PIDs] Failed to
> terminate process #4656: No such process
>
>
>
>
> # cat /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
> ** (process:4873): WARNING **: 12:24:10.470: Failed to open CK session:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
> ** Message: 12:24:10.488: Starting lightdm-gtk-greeter 2.0.6 (Dec 27 2018,
> 16:15:47)
> ** Message: 12:24:10.489: [Configuration] Reading file:
> /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.d/01_debian.conf
> ** Message: 12:24:10.489: [Configuration] Reading file: /etc/lightdm/lightdm-
> gtk-greeter.conf
> libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
>
> ** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): WARNING **: 12:24:10.584: [PIDs] Failed to
> execute command: upstart
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:24:10.730: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:25:00.676: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:25:02.375: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:25:03.881: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:26:00.756: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> ** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): WARNING **: 12:26:40.728: Error getting user
> list from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
>
> (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:26:45.487: Drawing a gadget with
> negative dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node menubar owner
> GreeterMenuBar)
>
> ** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:4876): WARNING **: 12:26:45.723: [PIDs] Failed to
> terminate process #4899: No such process
>
>
>
>
> -- System Information:
> Distributor ID: Devuan
> Description:    Devuan GNU/Linux 3 (beowulf)
> Release:        3
> Codename:       beowulf
> Architecture: x86_64
>
> Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-13-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_US:en (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
> Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)
> LSM: AppArmor: enabled
>
> Versions of packages lightdm depends on:
> ii  adduser                                3.118
> ii  dbus                                   1.12.20-0+deb10u1+devuan1
> ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]                  1.5.71
> ii  libaudit1                              1:2.8.4-3
> ii  libc6                                  2.28-10
> ii  libgcrypt20                            1.8.4-5
> ii  libglib2.0-0                           2.58.3-2+deb10u2
> ii  libpam-elogind [logind]                241.4-2
> ii  libpam0g                               1.3.1-5
> ii  libxcb1                                1.13.1-2
> ii  libxdmcp6                              1:1.1.2-3
> ii  lightdm-gtk-greeter [lightdm-greeter]  2.0.6-1
> ii  lsb-base                               10.2019051400
>
> Versions of packages lightdm recommends:
> ii  xserver-xorg  1:7.7+19
>
> Versions of packages lightdm suggests:
> pn  accountsservice  <none>
> ii  upower           1:0.9.23-2+devuan1.3
> pn  xserver-xephyr   <none>
>
> -- debconf information:
> * shared/default-x-display-manager: lightdm
>   lightdm/daemon_name: /usr/sbin/lightdm

Reply sent to Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>:
You have taken responsibility. (Fri, 11 Dec 2020 20:33:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Notification sent to Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>:
bug acknowledged by developer. (Fri, 11 Dec 2020 20:33:05 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #15 received at 529-done@bugs.devuan.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>
To: 529-done@bugs.devuan.org
Subject: Re: bug#529: lightdm: on login, lightdm starts a second xserver on the next tty, with mirrored xsession
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 21:17:35 +0100
Thank you, B. Stack,

setting

	xserver-share=true
in
	/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf

resp. uncommenting it in

	/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

solves the issue.

If this is wanted new behavior, or my configuration is a tolerated
corner case, it perhaps should get mentioned in the release notes.
(closing)

Best regards,
Florian

Information forwarded to devuan-bugs@lists.dyne.org, Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>:
bug#529; Package lightdm. (Sun, 13 Dec 2020 15:33:01 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to fsmithred <fsmithred@gmail.com>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>. (Sun, 13 Dec 2020 15:33:03 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #20 received at 529@bugs.devuan.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: fsmithred <fsmithred@gmail.com>
To: 529@bugs.devuan.org
Subject: Re: bug#529: lightdm: on login, lightdm starts a second xserver on the next tty, with mirrored xsession
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 10:28:40 -0500
I got hit with this bug on chimaera when trying to connect via x11vnc. The
auth failed.

ps ax |grep auth gives me

 6147 tty7     Ssl+   0:00 /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg :0 -seat seat0 -auth
/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
 6270 tty8     Ssl+   0:02 /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg :1 -seat seat0 -auth
/var/run/lightdm/root/:1 -nolisten tcp vt8 -novtswitch


After setting 'xserver-share=true' in
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf
fixes the problem. Only one display shows up with ps and I can connect
with vnc.

fsmithred


Information forwarded to devuan-bugs@lists.dyne.org, Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>:
bug#529; Package lightdm. (Sat, 09 Jan 2021 16:33:01 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Acknowledgement sent to Mark Hindley <mark@hindley.org.uk>:
Extra info received and forwarded to list. Copy sent to Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>. (Sat, 09 Jan 2021 16:33:03 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #25 received at 529@bugs.devuan.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: Mark Hindley <mark@hindley.org.uk>
To: fsmithred <fsmithred@gmail.com>
Cc: 529@bugs.devuan.org
Subject: Re: bug#529: lightdm: on login, lightdm starts a second xserver on the next tty, with mirrored xsession
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 16:12:14 +0000
Ben,

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 10:28:40AM -0500, fsmithred wrote:
> After setting 'xserver-share=true' in
> /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf
> fixes the problem. Only one display shows up with ps and I can connect
> with vnc.

After Greg and my testing, it appears we can revert to xserver-share unset
(default true) which will fix this issue and if we have
debian-pulseaudio-config-override and libpam-elogind installed then
accessibility features through orca still work. The best of both worlds!

Best wishes

Mark

Reply sent to dak@devuan.org:
You have taken responsibility. (Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:03:01 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Notification sent to Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@web.de>:
bug acknowledged by developer. (Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:03:04 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Message #30 received at 529-done@bugs.devuan.org (full text, mbox, reply):

From: dak@devuan.org
To: 529-done@bugs.devuan.org
Subject: #529: fixed in src:lightdm version 1.26.0-4+devuan2
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:53:11 +0000
Version: 1.26.0-4+devuan2

Source package lightdm (1.26.0-4+devuan2) added to Devuan suite beowulf.

This closes bug report 529.

Thanks

DAK managing the Devuan archive

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Format: 1.8
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 19:55:44 -0500
Source: lightdm
Architecture: source
Version: 1.26.0-4+devuan2
Distribution: beowulf
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>
Changed-By: Ben Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com>
Closes: 529
Changes:
 lightdm (1.26.0-4+devuan2) beowulf; urgency=medium
 .
   * Remove 'xserver-share=false' in d/01_debian.conf
     which was previously thought to assist with screen
     readers like orca. Screen readers will benefit from
     packages debian-pulseaudio-config-override and
     libpam-elogind. (closes: #529)
Checksums-Sha1:
 b49474eb7ccedef392a26ac55dfa91d637a0b045 2383 lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2.dsc
 125a2e4b4b7ad61551d409c5ed2417da2d589cac 38836 lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2.debian.tar.xz
 7b9d1038febf4929d73cd08f2b51ec47bdb980f8 5303 lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2_source.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 7c8bd86c72133f161c64646fbb40eb212c66c21c5c0afb6e606a9622d322b6c3 2383 lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2.dsc
 a0d6667b217f6f5d0a924a07af6c1afdba1952a72f68a43fb9391f2b52de9b93 38836 lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2.debian.tar.xz
 71c859a117d708206a025421eb9ec30aa4179dcf8ddec1e723b453b00e8d9c1f 5303 lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2_source.buildinfo
Files:
 795efc88e719e6a5963118a97f048d9d 2383 x11 optional lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2.dsc
 7b8515e0c3177d64df5aba5e43696956 38836 x11 optional lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2.debian.tar.xz
 11ecebf8f641837583938e94e1818fd8 5303 x11 optional lightdm_1.26.0-4+devuan2_source.buildinfo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQEzBAEBCgAdFiEEcuPLdzMV36LkZHQ9lFMhJFQZIvsFAl/8cPwACgkQlFMhJFQZ
Ivulqwf+ND7Dw7tCdSJ25rf7wK6eNa6n7eg7a3FKu5OPtS8IRL4L2L8yofIHv1aH
VeRb42jjzidxOFXFSyiYnjXulqA+Ezl/l+51Ke7SXdQbepIv83eYzjw7BKtSylRv
1mkVMvk90R6pZM450rpfy/YsvqbJ+pVhcwf2Zmmg0VGSGKVeE3qy+N9Zs811GS93
mSSw36zMEQj/RfYJdBL2C+83J9Tu2OhNlT+J3kqXG2NvfFaOkOklOb9Lz0E5EU3a
+l/X0zl+g/6L2SuunXwnoXlL55xqwj+JpQ56V7yUOEPRTuFeGR4UtUgyP2PHzGak
cc8C9Q4FD2ihrTBLW/kDaHxKCsNpvw==
=C72b
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Marked as fixed in versions 1.26.0-7+devuan3. Request was from B Stack <bgstack15@gmail.com> to control@bugs.devuan.org. (Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:18:02 GMT) (full text, mbox, link).


Send a report that this bug log contains spam.


Devuan BTS -- Powered by Debian bug tracking system
Copyright (C) 1999 Darren O. Benham,
1997,2003 nCipher Corporation Ltd, 1994-97 Ian Jackson,
2005-2017 Don Armstrong, and many other contributors.

Devuan Bugs Owner <owner@bugs.devuan.org>.
Last modified: Fri Jun 25 10:33:06 2021;