Subject: bug#608: inn2: Zombie nnrpd processes after 'service inn2 restart'

From: Mark Hindley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 16:23:58 +0100

Control: tags -1 debian

Koos,

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 01:54:46PM +0200, Koos van den Hout wrote:
> Package: inn2
> Version: 2.6.3-1+deb10u2
> Severity: normal
> 
> Dear Maintainer,
> 
> I noticed zombie nnrpd processes showing up after restarting inn2 with the
> command 'service inn2 restart'. This led to a high number of processes on
> a server. Using a 'service inn2 stop' with a bit of a wait followed by
> 'service inn2 start' made this problem go away.

Many thanks for this. However, inn2 is not a forked package and Devuan uses
Debian's packages directly without recompilation. In principle, this issue
should be reported to Debian's BTS to be fixed there. Non-systemd init is still
possible in Debian.  You are more likely to get a fix if you can narrow down
the issue in the initscript and/or submit a patch to the Debian maintainer.

Mark