Subject: Re: bug#625: amprolla generates InRelease without arch:all

From: Mark Hindley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 08:04:22 +0100

Boian,

Thanks for this.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 03:49:49AM +0300, Where all about bugs in Devuan packages is reported wrote:
> Package: amprolla
> Version: chimaera
> Severity: normal
> X-Debbugs-Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> It was reported on #devuan that "apt-file search" does not find some files
> while it finds others. The files in question were in arch:all packages.
> apt-file makes apt-get also fetch Contents-* and apt-get skips Contents-all
> on chimaera.
> 
> It was also reported that the same works fine in beowulf and bullseye.
> 
> After further checking, beowulf's and chimaera's InRelease does not have all
> in the arch list while bullseye has it.

I think there is something else going on here. If it works in beowulf but
beowulf's InRelease doesn't have arch:all in the list, that can't be the cause.

Arch all packages are (now) supposed to be duplicated in all the
binary-*/Packages files.

Can you give me an example package which is missing? The significant thing is
whether it is a forked or unforked package. That may point to a DAK
configuration error.

Thanks

Mark