Subject: bug#648 closed by fsmithred <[email-masked]> (encrypted install)

From: "Devuan bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:22:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the devuan-installer package:

#648: Encrypted install does not boot

It has been closed by fsmithred <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact fsmithred <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
648: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=648
Devuan Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: encrypted install
From: fsmithred <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 16:19:25 -0500

close

This appears to be fixed in 
devuan_daedalus_5.0.preview-20230206_amd64_netinstall.iso (or earlier).

Subject: Encrypted install does not boot
From: fsmithred <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:09:34 -0500

Package: devuan-installer

Version: devuan_daedalus_5.0.preview-20211227_amd64_netinstall.iso

Encrypted install boots to initramfs prompt.

Manual partitioning, single encrypted partition without lvm and with a
separate unencrypted partition for /boot.

To repair the system, boot iso into Rescue mode, open a shell in the
installed system, and install missing packages:
  cryptsetup
  cryptsetup-initramfs

The initramfs will be rebuilt automatically and the system will boot
correctly.

I didn't try encrypted lvm install.

fsmithred