Subject: Re: bug#793: libseat fails to access logind backend

From: Fran Vazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 23:03:32 +0200

Hi, Mark

> I had evidently forgotten this was the case and the policy is set in
> /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy.

Evidently...

> Once polkitd is installed this error goes away for me and libseat uses the
> elogind backend correctly. I can switch VTs and on return inputs are still
> available.
>
> With polkitd installed does that work for you?

¿With daedalus xserver-xorg-core? As I said, it crashes.

¿With the experimental xserver-xorg-core? As I said, when I return from console,
I have no input.

> Do you have apt install recommends disabled?

Yes, and maybe it's my fault... but it's the way I like it. I have been installing
only what I understand necessary for more than 25 years. And right now I don't
understand that something that worked in chimaera (and that works with debian's
bookworm xserver-xorg-core), needs me in devuan to install polkit and I don't know
what other packages I don't see the need for.

I like Xorg because is stable, and these libseat experiments do not make any
sense to me.

Close this bug if you want. It's not worth wasting our time.

Looks like I need to look elsewhere...

Fran