Subject: bug#870: /usr/bin/xflock4: xflock4: gdbus: not found; missing dependency on libglib2.0-bin

From: Alejandro Colomar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2024 21:33:20 +0100

Package: xfce4-session
Version: 4.20.0-1devuan1
Severity: grave
File: /usr/bin/xflock4
Justification: renders package unusable

Dear Maintainer,

Since recently, I can't lock screen on XFCE4.  This happens both in
Debian and in Devuan.  I tried doing it from the terminal:

	$ xflock4
	/usr/bin/xflock4: 49: gdbus: not found

And it seems a dependency is missing.

	$ apt-file find -x bin/gdbus$
	libglib2.0-bin: /usr/bin/gdbus

I've installed libglib2.0-bin, and now it works.  It seems the
dependency is missing.  Would you mind adding it?

Reported-by: Alejandro Colomar <[email-masked]>

Have a lovely new year!
Alex

-- System Information:
Distributor ID:	Devuan
Description:	Devuan GNU/Linux 6 (excalibur/ceres)
Release:	6
Codename:	excalibur ceres
Architecture: x86_64

Kernel: Linux 6.12.6-amd64 (SMP w/24 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_WARN
Locale: LANG=C.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages xfce4-session depends on:
ii  libatk1.0-0t64                                         2.54.0-1
ii  libc6                                                  2.40-4
ii  libcairo-gobject2                                      1.18.2-2
ii  libcairo2                                              1.18.2-2
ii  libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-0                                    2.42.12+dfsg-1+b1
ii  libglib2.0-0t64                                        2.82.4-1
ii  libgtk-3-0t64                                          3.24.43-4
ii  libgtk-layer-shell0                                    0.8.2-1+b1
ii  libice6                                                2:1.1.1-1
ii  libpango-1.0-0                                         1.55.0+ds-3
ii  libpolkit-gobject-1-0                                  125-2devuan1
ii  libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 [libpolkit-gobject-1-0]  125-2devuan1
ii  libsm6                                                 2:1.2.4-1
ii  libx11-6                                               2:1.8.10-2
ii  libxfce4ui-2-0                                         4.20.0-1
ii  libxfce4util7                                          4.20.0-1
ii  libxfce4windowing-0-0                                  4.20.0-1
ii  libxfconf-0-3                                          4.20.0-1
ii  x11-xserver-utils                                      7.7+10+b1
ii  xfce4-settings                                         4.20.0-1
ii  xfconf                                                 4.20.0-1

Versions of packages xfce4-session recommends:
ii  dbus-x11 [default-dbus-session-bus]  1.16.0-1devuan1
ii  libpam-elogind [logind]              255.5-3
ii  upower                               1.90.6-2
ii  xfdesktop4                           4.20.0-1
ii  xfwm4                                4.20.0-1
ii  xscreensaver                         6.08+dfsg1-1+b1

Versions of packages xfce4-session suggests:
pn  fortune-mod  <none>
ii  sudo         1.9.16p1-1

-- no debconf information