Subject: Debian Installer missing some German translations in ASCII beta
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 21:12:47 +0100
When using the German version of the Debian Installer to set up Devuan
ASCII, the following parts are not translated:
* popcon dialog
* The heading is displayed in German, but the actual text inside the
dialog box is shown in English (apart from the options at the
* tasksel dialog
* Apart from the last selectable task, "Standard-Systemwerkzeuge",
everything is in English (apart from the options at the bottom).
I also went through the expert install and found some more:
* Even after having chosen the language, I still read "Access software
for a blind person using a braille display" in the main menu.
* This should probably rather be "software for blind people" anyway.
* The descriptions of additional installer components the user can
choose to load are in English.
* Apt configuration
* The dialog boxes asking whether "non-free" and "contrib" should be
actived in the sources.list file are not translated.
* And while their heading is shown in German, it reads "[.]
Paketmanager konfigurieren" (Notice the ".".).
* This is true for all dialogs dealing with the configuration of
the package manager, except the one asking for (de-)activation
of security updates, release updates and backports, where the
heading is "[?] Paketmanager konfigurieren", while the text is
completely in English.
FWIW, I used the i386 NETINSTALL image.